Ubisoft Graduate Program 2019 - Online Programming (M/F)
- Paris, Montpellier, Bucharest, Helsinki, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, Toronto
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. With 14 000 employees, Ubisoft is present in 31 countries and has sales in 55 countries around the globe in a human and innovative spirit. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers as Assassin's Creed ® , Far Cry ® , Watch Dogs® or Just Dance ®.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for Graduates in Online Programming.
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a two-year international program for fresh Graduates who expect a career accelerator into the games industry. Over two years, Graduates will have the opportunity to work in two different studios in different countries. They will benefit from an individual development plan and follow-up in order to develop their skills in online programming. To learn more about this two-year program, please visit: www.ubisoftgraduateprogram.com
With the arrival of next-gen consoles and the evolution of player habits, video games are expected to offer a robust online experience which represents the core of game development at Ubisoft.
Our online programmers play a critical role in ensuring millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless, rich, game experience which they can enjoy with their friends from wherever they connect.
As a member of a game development team, the online programmer is involved in a variety of missions such as:
- Participate in the creation of new online services related to a game
- Develop, integrate and maintain global online platform services such as Matchmaking, Leaderboards, etc.
- Participate in determining systems’ behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Make optimization in function of bandwidth constraints: reducing the amount of information transmitted, decrease latency, etc…
- Identify and solve down issues
- Implement and use predetermined replication systems
- You have already graduated or will be graduating in 2019 from a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and have less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships and apprenticeships)
- You have a good understanding of Software Development principles: analysis, implementation, optimization, debugging
- Your C++ programming skills are excellent
- You have some knowledge of server programming and database programming (MySQL, Redis,...)
- You understand scalability issues and replication concepts
- Understanding of other programming languages such as Python or Java is a plus
- Some knowledge of distributed systems and online services (i.e. guilds, trade etc) is a plus
- You are proactive and have strong problem-solving skills
- You are interested in video games and online gaming
- You have the ability to work well both autonomously and within multicultural and cross-disciplinary team
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in English and geographically mobile
As part of the Ubisoft Graduate Program, you will benefit from a full-time working contract in your home studio the first year and with a studio abroad for the second year.
Application period: January 1st, 2019 - February 28th, 2019
Location for the 1st year (home studio): France (Paris, Montpellier), Romania (Bucharest), Finland (Helsinki), Spain (Barcelona), Germany (Berlin), Singapore, Canada (Toronto).
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our players’ community.