Ubisoft Graduate Program 2019 - Gameplay Programming (M/F)
- Bucharest, Helsinki, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore,Toronto
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. With 14 000 employees, Ubisoft is present in 31 countries and has sales in 55 countries around the globe in a human and innovative spirit. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers as Assassin's Creed ® , Far Cry ® , Watch Dogs® or Just Dance ®.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for Graduates in Gameplay Programming.
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a two-year international program for fresh Graduates who expect a career accelerator into the games industry. Over two years, Graduates will have the opportunity to work in two different studios in different countries. They will benefit from an individual development plan and follow-up in order to develop their skills in gameplay programming. To learn more about this two-year program, please visit: www.ubisoftgraduateprogram.com
The Gameplay Programmer is responsible for the interactivity of the game. He/She turns game design rules and gameplay elements (features, animation, sound…) into playable sequences. He/She collaborates closely with designers, artists, animators and other game development team members. His/Her objective is to offer players a comfortable, immersive & fun game experience.
As a member of a game development team, the gameplay programmer is involved in a variety of missions such as:
- Participate in the architecture, conception and implementation of gameplay code based on design intentions, and implement game controls focusing on quality
- Optimize and debug gameplay code to ensure that gameplay is fluid
- Suggest and participate in the conception of prototypes with the design team
- Analyze and propose innovative tools and techniques to achieve the best quality, based on the functionalities of the engine
- Participate in the development of features that will make the game come to life
- You have already graduated or will be graduating in 2019 from a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and have less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships and apprenticeships)
- You have good C++ programming skills and capacity to write readable and modular code
- You have a good knowledge of object–oriented development and technical knowledge of the software development process for prototyping, developing, optimizing and debugging.
- You have a strong interest in games system and mechanics
- You are curious about technical knowledge in physics, mathematics, animation & arts
- Your excellent analysis and problem solving skills will help you deploy effective solutions to complex problems
- You understand and care about player needs
- Your passion and knowledge for video games will make a difference
- You have the ability to work well both autonomously and within multicultural and cross-disciplinary team
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in English and geographically mobile
As part of the Ubisoft Graduate Program, you will benefit from a full-time working contract in your home studio the first year and with a studio abroad for the second year.
Application period: January 1st, 2019 - February 28th, 2019
Location for the 1st year (home studio): Romania (Bucharest), Finland (Helsinki), Spain (Barcelona), Germany (Berlin), Singapore, Canada (Toronto)
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our players’ community.