Senior Prop Artist
- Cary, NC, USA
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a Senior Prop Artist with experience creating high quality game assets to join our Division 2 team. The ideal candidate brings a passion for pushing the state of the game art to higher levels. You must be a team player with the ability to work closely with concept, environment and level teams to create the world objects that bring the game to life. If you want to have a big impact on an amazing team, while working on one of the biggest IPs in gaming, this is the place for you.
- Support the Art Directors’ vision for the game by creating high definition 3D models that complement the environments and convey the story of the game.
- Create high quality props and textures following physically based parameters to achieve great realism.
- Have the flexibility to be able to work on a variety of assets from hard surface to organic.
- Work closely with Lead environment artist and art team to ensure highest quality of environment artwork both visually and technically.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced artists.
- Research new tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
- Assist Technical Artists in designing, implementing and maintaining art pipelines.
- Manage assets to fit memory, design and frame rate limits.
- Expert knowledge of 3D modeling and sculpting tools such as 3D Studio Max, Maya, Modo, and ZBrush.
- Expert knowledge of texturing tools such as Photoshop, Substance Painter, and Mari.
- Strong knowledge of asset creation techniques within a game development environment.
- Professional experience with commercial or Ubisoft proprietary game engines like Snowdrop, Anvil, or Unreal.
- Passion for pushing the state of art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- Robust understanding of technical limitations and budgets.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and organize work in order to meet deadlines.
- International travel may be required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.