Junior Technical Artist - Graduate
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE! There is a huge variety of challenging and exciting positions available across our studios in Newcastle upon Tyne and Leamington Spa, so if you are a graduate looking to start your career in videogames, we want to hear from you!
Senior Technical Artist/Technical Art Director as appropriate
- Provide documentation of the art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
- Profile game scenes and ensure assets are game ready;
- Work with other team members to find ways to improve quality standards on the project;
- Assist in the optimisation of content for memory and performance gains;
- Assist the Technical Art Director with the creation of documentation;
- Help to improve the pipelines and skills needed to for the production art team;
- Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
- Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
- Document approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
- Work with the Technical Art Director and Senior Technical Artists to identify ways to increase efficiencies in process and production pipelines;
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
- Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive and results orientated;
- Willingness to share knowledge openly;
- Knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
- Basic knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
- Interest and knowledge in scripting and programming using Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
- Good time management and prioritisation skills;
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
- Understanding of art asset pipelines;
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK