Technical Audio Designer
- San Francisco, California, us
Ubisoft is composed of over 13,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 30 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Technical Audio Designer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio.
You will work on cutting-edge audio technology, expanding audio systems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting game experiences.
You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
- Design, implement, and debug audio systems for game development in our SF Studio
- Bridge the gap between audio designers and programmers to be the go between of the two discipline
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to develop systems/tools to allow audio designers to further realize their artistic aural vision.
- Adopt and improve the existing audio development process.
- Manage audio data budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimizations
- Responsible for documenting audio systems and educating the content creators in audio best practices.
- Defining and managing loudness standards
- Proficient with Audiokinetic's Wwise
- Extensive knowledge of implementing audio in modern game engines
- Advanced knowledge of sound design, synthesis, & audio manipulation
- Knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems in AAA titles
- Work efficiently and autonomously with a high attention to detail
- Understanding of mix engineering process and loudness standards within the industry
- Unrelenting passion for games
- Strong musical background, preferably playing an instrument
- Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming skills
- Desire to keep up with gaming news and audio trends
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.