Lead VFX Artist [Tom Clancy's The Division 2]
- Malmö, Sweden
We are looking for a passionate lead VFX Artist to join us in the development of Tom Clancy's The Division 2. In this role you will create and deliver high-quality visual effects that are in-line with the creative direction of the game universe and adhere to any technological budget constraints. High quality is something we believe is important and you will work to deliver the best visual experience possible.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Using available tools (particle systems, modelling, texturing, etc.) to lead the development of visual effects that clearly communicate gameplay and immerses the player in the world
- Taking visual effects from conception phase all the way to delivery, creating all the content needed for each step of the process, always having tech art in mind
- Identifying solutions to continuously improve on quality and performance, whether it involves an exciting new technology or how to communicate a new gameplay design
- Actively communicating and share ideas, giving and receiving feedback on VFX and consistency within the game universe as a whole
- Optimizing and modify visual effects to match budget and ensure they remain of high quality
- Being the driver of creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture within the VFX team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and manage the internal and external VFX artists' tasks to ensure organization and prioritization using project management / planning tools i.e Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
- Managing the Human Resources in your team by i.e.having reoccurring performance feedback sessions as well as salary reviews
You as a person
You are a self-motivated team player and know what it takes to deliver with style, and you know how to motivate and develop your team to do the same. This passion will allow you to join and lead a team at an international studio, working on an AAA title. As a lead you are well organized, likes to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, which you find inspiring. By interest in the process you strive to have effective workflows for production.
Your in-depth understanding of the impact VFX has, and the fact that it needs to be smoothly integrated into the world excites you. You are motivated by the possibilities of what AAA games brings to the table and you are constantly exploring the bleeding edge of game technology. Jumping in headfirst and learning new things is more of a hobby than a challenge.
- 5+ years' experience of visual effects and technical art for games on console and PC, whereas at least 3 of them as a mentor/lead/manager or equivalent ideally with at least one AAA title shipped
- Knowledge of particle systems, shaders and procedural animation
- Understanding of node based tools/engines and/or programming/scripting
- Experience with VFX editors and real-time particle systems
- Working knowledge of Maya, 3DSMAX and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience as an animator, modeler and/or texture artist is a bonus
- Additional experience from the movie industry or similar is considered a benefit
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 480 people from 38 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.