Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors in July 2008 and has since become the largest AAA lead studio in Asia. We are proud of our expertise in naval technology and very excited to bring a brand new online, naval, open world IP to you – the pirate game Skull and Bones!
Our other notable achievements include working on every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, and being the innovators of naval gameplay in Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Rogue and Assassin’s Creed Origins. We can’t wait to bring more exhilarating and unforgettable gameplay experiences to you.
Find out more about us on our website: singapore.ubisoft.com
As a Gameplay Programmer you will ensure the playability of the game (the link between the player’s actions, character’s behaviours, and the consequences on the evolution of the game).
- Analyze and understand the game design documents in order to define the required functionalities and the game systems that must be developed in the engine
- Analyse existing functionalities in the engine and determine if they meet project requirements. If necessary, define how to adapt them in order to better meet game requirements
- Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems or modifying existing systems
- Collaborate with game designers/level designers/animators so as to discuss the constraints and establish the technical possibilities of the various gameplay functions
- Determine the conditions that will lead to actions based on commands
- Implement and optimize the controls and interaction systems so that gameplay is fluid
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems fulfill the intentions of the project and are coherent with the existing code. Ensure that the implementation of the controls and game systems provide the player with the experience that the design and/creative director had envisioned
- Work with people from other crafts in developing the tools required to efficiently make the necessary gameplay adjustments
- Seek out and correct the gameplay bugs identified by the production and quality control teams
- Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (programmers and people from other tasks) to understand how the new systems and gameplay functions work
- Min. 1-2 years of experience working in game development (current and next-gen consoles)
- Strong working knowledge of C++ programming
- Detail-oriented, with an analytical mindset
- Ability to understand and take into account user needs;
- Autonomous with ability to take inititative
- Resourceful and strong problem-solving skills
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
This position is only open to Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents as well as candidates who currently hold relevant permits to work in Singapore.
For more details, please visit: https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes