- Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
We’re looking for an experienced and driven UX designer to join our design team.
As part of our design team, you’ll be improving the ease of use in our product and creating the best user experience by exploring varying and innovative approaches to solving issues encountered by users. You have a passion for identifying the needs of our users. From idea to implementation, you will play a key role in delivering a high quality end result.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and are encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by passion, comradery and the love for PC gaming. You will work in close collaboration with developers, games lab, analytics, testers, community developers etc. We can offer you a dynamic, fun environment with a friendly atmosphere and a lot of creative colleagues.
This job will require that the person goes to Sweden in the beginning and works with the team for 1-3 months.
· Identifying user behavior, goals, motivations and needs through various methods
· Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
· Having a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
· Identifying design problems and suggest elegant solutions
· Performing revision iterations based on user feedback
· Pushing the UX design process to be influenced by user and game team feedback and needs
· Conducting qualitative and quantitative research and user-testing experiences for our product
· Collaborating closely with other team members and stakeholders
· Analyzing usage data and traffic patterns
· Reviewing competitors products for additional insights
You as a person
Your background enables you to work autonomously within your field, whilst at the same time knowing the benefits of a multidisciplinary team. You should be able to work utilizing a dynamic and iterative process that you can integrate into your workflows. You're used to presenting and communicating about your work and findings, which enables you to clearly share your results, no matter the audience or target.
You're willing to take risks, and always see the positive in any challenge, whilst at the same time remain open to feedback to adapt and grow.
· Proven UX experience
· A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
· Proficient with industry standard user experience methodology & prototyping tools.
· Experience working in agile teams, with developers, UI designers etc.
Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, or other wire-framing tools
It's a bonus if you have knowledge of basic front-end languages such as HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive design as well as Lean UX.
Please note that candidates without a portfolio will not be considered