Senior Director of Media
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is seeking a Senior Director of Media. The Senior Director of Media will be an experienced and forward thinking media professional, responsible for leading the media strategy across Ubisoft brands, as well as the planning and buying process of all media plans.
The position will work with senior management and cross functional teams, report to the Vice President, Media & Audience Management and manage an external agency and growing internal teams.
- Lead media strategies and plans for Ubisoft brands in the US.
- Define the most effective, efficient and innovative approach to media buys. Develop necessary analyses to support media recommendations and decisions.
- Help manage analytics both in-house and with the agency to build fact-based media strategies.
- Support the development of innovative audience and media mix models.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all media campaigns, either managed by an internal agency or internal performance teams. Manage large-scale media investments across multiple media channels with high level of expertise.
- Implement the development of an effective measurement framework and reporting cycle.
- Partner with research teams to gain insights on media impact and contribution.
- Build and develop strategic relationships with key partners.
- Negotiate all media including upfront commitments, agency contracts, and partnership terms.
- Coordinate with brand management, digital marketing, promotions and PR on marketing plans and executions across their areas.
- Maintain deep knowledge of media landscape and evolutions, seek and understand emerging trends, provide ongoing media education to the marketing organization.
- Manage, guide and develop teams located in multiple offices.
- Foster positive relationships across the organization.
- Constantly review processes for areas of improvement and champion ideas that create positive business changes.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications/ Advertising or Media Studies preferred.
- Minimum 12+ years’ experience in media planning and buying, including offline and digital.
- Video Game and/or other entertainment marketing experience preferred.
- 7+ years of management experience and demonstrated team leadership.
- Data-driven media professional with ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of the digital space (display, video, social, search, programmatic, viewability, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Ad Tech solutions, including Ad Servers, DMPs, and Identity Resolution.
- Thorough understanding of TV and digital measurement.
- Ambition to disrupt the videogames industry with innovative marketing campaigns and tactics.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the expertise and professionalism that will earn respect and trust with internal team members and external vendors.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.