Builds and Tools Lead
- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
Builds and Tools Lead
As a Builds and Tools Leads you´ll play a key role in making sure that the build pipelines run smoothly and our games are top-notch quality. Your job is to lead our talented release and build specialist team, which supports all the game projects at the studio. Your responsibility is to analyze the build pipelines and coordinate the implementation of improvements. Once in a while you might also get your hands-on with the implementations itself, but most of the time you´ll spend coordinating and managing the team. You will also set and follow-up the long-term objectives, and by coaching and mentoring the team members you will take them to the next level.
We are looking for a technical problem solver and a proactive communicator with interest in people management. You enjoy researching new technologies and learning new things as well as helping others to succeed. Even though the daily life can be full of changing situations, varying priorities and random fires, you´re able to keep your mind in the big picture and organize your work efficiently.
In this role you will get to work with exciting projects and to interact with various teams in charge of different areas of game development. You will get to develop your managerial skills in a multicultural team full of professional yet easygoing people.
- Lead and develop the team of release and build specialists
- Manage the workforce planning and communication process with other teams
- Analyse the build pipelines and coordinate the implementation of improvements
- Set and follow-up long term objectives in order to improve the processes
- Coach and mentor the team members
Our dream candidate
- Has knowledge of scripting languages
- Is experienced in continuous integration (Jenkins or similar)
- Has good knowledge in version management (e.g. Perforce)
- Has experience in coordinating a team and interest in people management
- Is organized and has good problem solving skills
- Enjoys researching new technologies and has a learning mind-set
- Communicates proactively and enjoys coaching and mentoring others
We also appreciate
- Passion for games
- Experience in implementing automated testing
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Just renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 23.9.2018 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!