3D Animator (Gameplay)
- Québec City, Québec
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The 3D animator - gameplay creates animation for characters and/or objects based on rigged 3D models, and contributes to the visual elements of the gameplay.
· Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction;
· Imagine animation systems that meet game needs in collaboration with team members from other trades and be able to document and explain the systems to new and/or less experienced team members;
· Work in close collaboration with the art director, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, game play intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the animations;
· In collaboration with the immediate supervisor, help estimate the time required to carry out own tasks and manage time to meet deadlines;
· Report any potential animation-related issues to the immediate supervisor;
· Be able to quickly prototype animation systems that will serve as a basis for animation- and gameplay-related discussions;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
College or University diploma in 3D animation for video games or equivalent.
1-3 years’ experience in video game animation or any other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge
· Attention to detail;
· Ability to adapt to change, flexibility, open-mindedness;
· Ability to receive, seek and provide constructive criticism;
· Ability to work effectively with members of the animation team and other teams on the project;
· Aesthetic sense;
· In-depth understanding of movement in space;
· Extensive knowledge of graphic design tools (Motion Builder, an asset)