3D Animator (6 months Contract)
- Québec City, Québec, ca
Strengthened by 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues to rise. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. After working on the Assassin’s Creed® brand since 2010, the team behind the acclaimed Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate is back at E3 to unveil Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey, the brand-new instalment to come in the franchise. Developed over the last three years by Ubisoft Quebec along with multiple studios across the world, the game pushes further the transformation of the franchise in a deeper RPG experience and revolutionizes Assassin’s Creed®’s storytelling.
The 3D animator creates animation for characters and/or objects based on rigged 3D models, and contributes to the visual elements of the gameplay.
· Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction;
· Imagine animation systems that meet game needs in collaboration with team members from other trades and be able to document and explain the systems to new and/or less experienced team members;
· Work in close collaboration with the art director, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, game play intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the animations;
· In collaboration with the immediate supervisor, help estimate the time required to carry out own tasks and manage time to meet deadlines;
· Report any potential animation-related issues to the immediate supervisor;
· Be able to quickly prototype animation systems that will serve as a basis for animation- and gameplay-related discussions;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
College or University diploma in 3D animation for video games or equivalent.
1-3 years’ experience in video game animation or any other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge
· Attention to detail;
· Ability to adapt to change, flexibility, open-mindedness;
· Ability to receive, seek and provide constructive criticism;
· Ability to work effectively with members of the animation team and other teams on the project;
· Aesthetic sense;
· In-depth understanding of movement in space;
· Extensive knowledge of graphic design tools (Motion Builder, an asset)