Senior Revenue Accountant
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join the Accounting team. The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for operational oversight in meeting the Company’s revenue recognition policies and ensuring that revenues are recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP and the Company’s revenue policies. The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, analyzing financial transactions, supporting initiatives and process improvements, and assisting with research related to ASC 606 / IFRS 15 and the implementation and execution of any new or complex revenue related transactions. The Senior Revenue Accountant will utilize their analytical and accounting skills to ensure the integrity of accounting information when recording, verifying, all revenue related accounting transactions. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working within tight deadlines with strong accuracy. We are seeking for an individual that exhibits consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment. This position will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Perform monthly close process for revenue, deferred revenue, unbilled A/R, allowances and accrual for returns, rebates and price protection. Reconcile statements versus accruals and communicate variance to senior management.
- Prepare deferred revenue calculation, journal entries, revenue schedules, account analysis and reconciliations of all revenue related accounts.
- Prepare analysis on several accounting estimates used in our revenue recognition processes, including pricing allowances and promotional discounts entries.
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions.
- Prepare monthly P&L flux analyses and quarterly balance sheet flux analysis for management reporting. Identify unusual trends within an account and communicate findings to management.
- Provide input for on-going development and improvement on systems and operational process, including consideration, implementation, and enhancement of revenue recognition tools.
- Coordinate proactively with internal business partners, including but not limited to: Sales, Accounts Receivable, FP&A, and IT/Business Intelligence - communicate guidance for proper accounting principles/objectives and take initiative for improvement of current accounting processes.
- Prepare schedules and provide information to support external audits; this may include responding to auditor and other inquiries.
- Document internal processes/controls. Assist with establishing and maintaining accounting control procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all revenue accounting policies and procedures, drive process and system developments with respect to changes to revenue recognition pronouncements and develop improvements and efficiencies as required.
- Assist and support cross functional projects as necessary.
- Act as a liaison to HQ Accounting team on specific revenue recognition questions.
- Support other projects and responsibilities that may be added at manager’s discretion.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related field (CPA preferred or in progress).
- 4+ years combined experience in corporate accounting, or with a public accounting firm (Big Four strongly preferred).
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting concepts, US GAAP and IFRS, intercompany transactions, and experience with accounting research.
- Excellent command with Excel and manipulating large data sets is a must.
- Prior experience with business intelligence software and ERP systems.
- Strong quantitative analysis skillset, with the ability to read, analyze, interpret and explain complex financial data.
- Be a self-starter and a team-player. Have a positive attitude andmaintain a solution-oriented work ethic.
- Heavy emphasis on analytics and communication.
- Motivated by new challenges, strive to be consistently learning and improving.
- Ability to work dynamically with a variety of internal business partners (financial and non-financial personnel both within the US and abroad).
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.