AP Specialist II
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist II for its Accounts Payable department. This position is responsible for processing Marketing and Intercompany invoices, and ensuring transactions / approvals are in accordance with company guidelines and are recorded within the proper accounting period. Our ideal candidate has the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently under tight deadlines and perform at high levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. He/She has to be detail oriented, quantitatively minded, and proficient with excel.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and responsible individual with strong accounting and communication skills. The position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report directly to the Manager of Accounts Payable.
- Review and process complex vendor invoices with accuracy. Ensuring proper coding, documentation, approval and PO compliance. Ensure proper allocations of expenses across departments, products and projects.
- Resolve any invoice processing exceptions by working with appropriate internal contacts. (i.e. invoices not approved)
- Process, monitor and reconcile inter-company transactions and balances
- Ensure timely payments to vendors by meeting quality and timeliness standards. Act in the role of back up to AP Manager for running weekly payments and wire runs. Monitor due dates to ensure timely payment. Prioritize payment of invoices for cash discounts and payment terms.
- Collaborate with purchasing team to improve the vendor onboarding process; including review, validation, approval and updating of Vendor terms-related details. Work closely with procurement/purchasing to ensure smooth process flow for purchase order related items
- Provide customer service and support to the Marketing Team, Intercompany affiliates and vendors with respect to various accounts payable inquiries
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies related to vendor inquiries and payments. Reconcile vendor statements. Identify, research and resolve vendor account discrepancies.
- Directly support month-end close including tracking of vendor invoices for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding. Record journal entries, re-classes of expenses and accruals as needed
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice and payment discrepancies through proactive communication with Procurement, internal stakeholders and the vendor
- Ensure all routine vendor payments have been either paid or accrued for each month end
- Work closely with GL Accounting, Finance and internal stakeholders to ensure proper coding of expenses and resolution of any coding issues that arise
- Provide support for quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits by pulling requested file samples and documentation and participating in walkthroughs of AP processes
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- Over 5 years' experience in Accounts Payable, including full cycle AP experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to deal with outside vendors, employees and various levels of management in a professional and effective manner. High level of customer service required
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, able to perform accurate data entry, work well under pressure with minimal or no supervision and meet strict deadlines. Ability to analyze accounts payable issues, recognize inconsistencies and recommend resolutions. Includes ability to independently resolve routine issues.
- Experience with ERP system, PeopleSoft system preferred
- Advanced knowledge in Excel a must
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.