Global Mobility Specialist
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Established in 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a growing and diverse team on a collective mission to create what’s next in AAA open world games. The studio announced its first new IP at E3 2017, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, an all-new, action-adventure game where players assemble customizable controller-mounted starships and launch into epic, interplanetary adventures. The Toronto team is also hard at work on Far Cry 5 in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal. The studio shipped its first lead production, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, to critical acclaim in 2013. Since then, the Toronto team has contributed to multiple award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, Watch Dogs®, and For HonorTM.
In 2018 Ubisoft Toronto was honoured as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the third consecutive year, and as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Global Mobility Specialist
The Global Mobility Specialist will be the first point of contact for all relocation-related matters including but not limited to work permits, housing, moving services for new employees and international mobility assignments for Ubisoft Toronto employees within our worldwide studios. This role presents the opportunity of working with an experienced and growing team that is focused on top quality service and strategy in a high performance organization.
Type of Position: Full time – Permanent
The main and routine tasks of the Global Mobility Specialist are to facilitate and support all aspects of mobility for our employees while working closely with other HR teams:
- Manage full-cycle relocation process including working with external relocation vendors to facilitate a smooth relocation experience;
- Prepare LMIAs, work permit and visa submissions;
- Research the appropriate legal documents required for the application process and prepare instruction document lists accordingly.
- Deliver high quality reports, analysis and strategies on immigration and ESDC compliances;
- Improve and automate reporting and process efficiencies where possible;
- Manage relationship with external relocation companies, real estate agents, moving companies etc.;
- Research and update data bank of new resources available to better assist our relocated employees with integration;
- Conduct needs assessment to identify areas of improvements;
- Respond to employee and manager inquires in a timely manner;
- Coordinate and participate in social activities dedicated for relocated employees and their families;
- Perform administrative tasks such as update guidelines, process, track budget, expense report and filing etc.;
- Participate in special HR projects as required;
- Perform other related duties.
- Post-secondary education or relevant experience;
- 1-3 years of Relocation, Immigration and/or Mobility experience is ideal;
- 1-3 years of Human Resources Administration experience is preferred;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Reporting and Analysis;
- Ability to organize and work independently to deliver project-based assignments within prescribed deadlines.
- Smart, detail oriented and passionate about employment and immigration law;
- Excellent client service skills; ability to interact in a positive manner with a variety of personalities;
- Able to work creatively with candidate requirements to ensure all parties needs are successfully met;
- Superior communication skills and able to communicate to all levels of employees (verbal, written and presentation);
- Adaptable/flexible; understands the dynamic entrepreneurial environment;
- Familiarity of the city of Toronto (i.e. neighbourhoods, restaurants/bars, events, etc.);
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and having fun!
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party and Summer BBQ. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.