Cloud Administrator (Kubernetes)
- Québec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The Cloud Administrator is responsible to develop and maintain our Kubernetes cluster lifecycle management platform within the IaaS team. This includes deployment automation, event monitoring and act as a second level support for the platforms (including 7/24 pager support).
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
- Develop and maintain an advanced platform to manage Kubernetes clusters lifecycle
- Develop tools for automated build, test, deployment and management of the platform
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality
- Perform system & application patching
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines and best practices
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards
- Answer user’s query and service requests
- Participate in R&D effort bringing new ideas and new technologies
- Carry out all other related tasks
- A baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration/DevOps.
- Oral and Written Comprehension of English
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to communicate with remote teams
- Ability to make complex information accessible
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance.
- Candidate must present with honesty, integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Expertise with Linux Scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Expertise with Source Control Management (Git, Gitlab, etc.)
- Expertise with CI/CD (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Travis Ci, etc.)
- Expertise with Configuration Management (Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Expertise with Monitoring (Prometheus, Sensu, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge with Linux environments
- Knowledge of Cloud infrastructures (OpenStack, AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge of Web Servers (Nginx, Apache, etc.)
- Knowledge in RESTful API design and implementation
- Knowledge in the development of high-performance and fault-tolerant systems
- Knowledge in distributed systems programming
- Experience with Go programming language an asset
- Experience with Docker an asset
- Experience running Kubernetes in production an asset
- Experience in large-scale production deployments an asset
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.