- Barcelona, Spain
THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is based in the heart of the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Barcelona. Our studio brings together passionate and experienced professionals focused on delivering high-quality free-to-play games for mobiles and tablets. All our great titles are developed in Barcelona, the mobile world capital and hub of innovation in mobile development and technology.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is currently seeking a UI/UX Artist to help our team on their next adventure. The UI/UX Artist will take part in the production of the games by creating new flows and interfaces, art, et al. elements for the success of the game working closely with other designers, artists and programmers. This person will report to his/her Producer. Your daily adventure:
- Develop concepts and the design of the game menus and user interfaces.
- Development of the best possible flow according to the user experience to deliver.
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces.
- Determine gameplay with the collaboration of the game designer and the artistic director.
- Work on the design of the User Interface of our games from two different points of view:
- Creating the visual style of all the User Interface in the game (menus, buttons, HUD, pop-ups…) according with the art direction, and consistent throughout the entire project;
- Helping in the ergonomic design of the UI, making proposals of layouts and participating in all the stages of the game development with producers and designers to get the best functional design.
- Creation of all facets of the User Interface including: mockups, wireframes, icons, animations, UI style guides, general art and documentation, and final assets, in both prototypes and final products:
- Delivering the assets in the proper quality, format and time so other team members can use them.
- Being able to manage all the UI assets of a game, being in charge of the maintenance of the UI art repository.
- Technical integration, bug fixing and visual polish of final design.
- Communicate designs in a technical manner for programming implementation.
- Provide artwork to support team-wide project communication and vision.
- BA in art media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience.
- Graphic design skills: sketching, wire framing and storyboarding abilities on paper and screen.
- An understanding of UI conventions and challenges on mobile platforms.
- An understanding of the full pipeline for getting UI assets into Unity3D engine.
- Expertise with Adobe CS package.
- Great skills with form and typography.
- Well-developed sense of composition and colour.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with other designers, artists to ensure delivery of the best possible User Experience.
- Open to feedback and suggestions, ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Learning attitude and constant monitoring of the industry trends.
- Attention to detail.
- A portfolio showing your skills in color, composition, clarity and usability.
- Work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
We also appreciate the following qualities:
- Experience or knowledge of other 2D design tools and experience with 3D tools
- Experience or knowledge of repository tools (Git)
- Passion for games and strong knowledge of the mobile games industry
- Fluent spoken and written English
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
Start your day with a Nespresso coffee or a cup of tea, more often than not accompanied by some tasty cakes or pastries to celebrate a colleague’s birthday. With flexible working hours adapted to your lifestyle, there is no need to wake up too early in the morning! You’ve got until 10am to arrive, when the daily meetings begin for each project. In our studio, downtime is most often spent socializing in the kitchen, settling disagreements via heated table football matches, honing arcade gaming skills, or carrying some newbie colleagues in online gaming.
Keep up to date with our latest news with the Monthly Studio Update (complete with more free food) and celebrate successes together with a delicious team breakfast or lunch. Enjoy awesome events and parties (Christmas, summer, team building and more) and introduce your loved ones to the studio at our annual Family Day! Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile also offers Ticket Restaurant and Transport, health insurance, access to free or discounted Ubisoft videogames, generous profitability bonuses, training and career development opportunities, on-site language classes, fresh organic fruit, 25 vacation days per year, a reduced summer schedule, as well as spontaneous, fun and sometimes crazy surprises for events such as Carnaval, Easter, Halloween & La Castanyada!
An annual performance review is conducted to help our teams develop their careers and grow with our studio, providing the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the process, as well as an Individual Training & Development Plan.