Lead Character Artist
- Québec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced Lead Character Artist for a AAA project based in our Quebec city studio.
We are looking for an artist that is well organized, and prioritizes the success of one’s team. This person must have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, and strive to have an effective character art workflow for production. As an artist, this person must have a passion for character art in the games industry.
• Leading the development of high quality AAA characters
• Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture and technical guidance within the Character Art Team, through training, mentoring, and reviewing assets for quality
• Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
• Prioritizing and managing the Character Art Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
• Organizing work and backlog using project management/ planning tools i.e. Jira
• Working together with producers, leads, directors and external teams to push project quality
• Balancing quality and efficiency of character work to reach the best results within given time frames
• 8+ years game industry production experience, 3+ years in a lead role
• Multiple shipped AAA titles, with at least one in a Lead role
• Working knowledge of Zbrush, 3ds Max, Maya, Adobe Photoshop CC, and/or other modelling, rigging, material and texture creation tools
• Knowledge of additional software such as Substance Painter and Designer, Marvelous Designer
• Physically based rendering expertise
• Experience with next gen game development