Lead Character Artist
- Québec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 500 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced Lead Character Artist for a AAA project based in our Quebec city studio.
We are looking for an artist that is well organized, and prioritizes the success of one’s team. This person must have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, and strive to have an effective character art workflow for production. As an artist, this person must have a passion for character art in the games industry.
* Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables;
* Represent the team;
* Organize and lead team meetings;
* Know the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents) and understand the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead/coach the team;
* Draft regular reports for the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) on the advancement of the team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives;
* Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) for the team;
* Be a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects for team members (where necessary);
* Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Project lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM);
* Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team’s work;
* Ensure that new employees integrate the team;
* Help recruit new team members;
* Carry out working unit-related tasks (depending on the size of the team he/she must supervise);
* Carry out all other related tasks.
• 8+ years game industry production experience, 3+ years in a lead role
• Multiple shipped AAA titles, with at least one in a Lead role
• Working knowledge of Autodesk Maya 2016, Autodesk 3ds max 2014, Adobe Photoshop CC, and/or other modelling, rigging, material and texture creation tools
• Knowledge of additional software such as Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer is a plus
• Physically based rendering expertise
• Experience with next gen game development