Senior Props/Environment Artist
- Cary, NC, USA
Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a Senior Prop Artist with experience creating high quality game assets to join our Division 2 team. The ideal candidate brings a passion for pushing the state of the game art to higher levels. You must be a team player with the ability to work closely with concept, environment and level teams to create the world objects that bring the game to life. If you want to have a big impact on an amazing team, while working on one of the biggest IPs in gaming, this is the place for you.
- Support the Art Directors vision for the game creating high definition 3D models that complement the environments and convey the story of the game.
- Create high quality props and textures following physically based parameters to achieve great realism.
- Have the flexibility to be able to work on a variety of tasks from hard surface to organic.
- Work closely with Lead environment artist and are team to ensure highest quality of environment artwork both visually and technically.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced artists.
- Research new tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
- Manage assets to fit memory, design and frame rate limits.
- Expert knowledge of asset creation within the game development environment.
- 3D modeling tools such as 3D Studio Max
- Expert knowledge of 3D sculpting tools such as ZBrush and Mudbox.
- Expert knowledge of texturing tools such as Photoshop, Substance Designer and Mari.
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels and detail with minimal concept and direction.
- Professional experience with commercial or Ubisoft proprietary game engines like Unreal, Anvil or Snowdrop preferred.
- Passion for pushing the state of art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- Robust understanding of technical limitations and budgets.
- Assist Technical Directors in designing, implementing and maintaining art pipelines.
- Good communication skills to mentor others in the art team.
- Being able to manage and organize work in order to meet deadlines.
- International travel may be required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.