- Cary, NC, USA
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a Material Artist with expert knowledge of Substance Designer to join the biggest new IP in Ubisoft’s history Tom Clancy’s The Division 2! If you have strong material creation abilities this may be your next big opportunity to work on a hot AAA franchise. At RSE the developers are challenged to collaborate with team members globally to achieve optimal performance and quality gaming experiences.
· Produce benchmark materials using Substance Designer.
· Oversee and develop material library.
· Create high quality textures/materials
· Assist in implementing and maintaining material pipelines.
· Collaborate with environment artists at partner studios to maintain consistent process
and visual quality.
· Anticipate and identify production challenges to leads and Technical Directors.
· Research new tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually
· Work with technical artist to develop advanced shader and material sets
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in AAA game development or credit on at least one AAA title as material artist.
- Expert skills in Substance Designer / Painter
- Modeling skills in 3DS Max, Maya or Modo
- Familiarity with node based game engines
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions
- Ability to follow concept/reference and ability to work with wide range of styles with minimal concept and direction.
- Must be proactive and work well in a large team environment.
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills.
- Able to manage and organize work in order to meet deadlines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.