Game Security Programmer (f/m)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for a Game Security Programmer (f/m) based at our Düsseldorf studio.
The primary objective of the position is to develop and improve new or existing security solutions for our games, and help the game teams to develop secure games.
Further responsibilities include:
- Improve security of existing game systems and implement new security measures where needed.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions
- Stay aware of new security threats and propose appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with other team members for transferring security knowledge.
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional experience in a games or security related field
- Good knowledge of C and C++
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or equivalent is a plus
- Good understanding of common vulnerabilities and security issues in online games as well as game services (Core Architecture, Networking Models, etc...).
- Experience with x86/x64 assembly level reverse engineering and experience with existing protection software mechanisms
- Experience with software performance profiling and tuning
Game developers with an interest in security problematics are welcome!
• Flexible working hours
• External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
• Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
• Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
• Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.