System and Online Operation Specialist (DevOps)
- Montreal, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
Ubisoft is seeking an experienced Programmer/System Administrator to join our project working on standard online services for Production. The team is composed of Online programmers writing and managing online micro services written in C# on Windows and in Node.JS on Linux using variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all Ubisoft games. Services are deployed by the team in public (Amazon) and private cloud.
If a cutting-edge online micro services environment using a lot of open source technologies like MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Kafka, etc. make you excited and if automatic deployment and management of an infrastructure in the cloud is your passion, we have the right job for you.
The selected candidate will be part of the Online Technology Group working with all Ubisoft Productions around the world. He will work with the development team to ensure proper functioning of various servers, tools and processes. We are looking for a passionate individual who embraces the DevOps philosophy.
- Design, setup, deploy, monitor and maintain the hybrid environments for the team doing online micro services in the cloud and in our data center;
- Participate in the deployment of micro services that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing;
- Collaborate with the development teams to improve current processes and tools and define new ones;
- Act as an expert for the UbiServices teams on the various DevOps topics: automation, infrastructure definition, provisioning, configuration management, deployment, monitoring, continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Participate in the evaluation and integration of new technologies and best practices;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
3+ years of experience in systems administration in a large environment with many different kind of servers.
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Autonomy and versatility;
- Sense of initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Demonstrate flexibility in the planning of tasks;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Be results-oriented.
Work-related Skills and Knowledge
- Expertise in Linux system administration. Windows system administration is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages;
- Excellent knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, firewalls, proxies, TCP and UDP and higher level protocols such as HTTP is important;
- Ability to use or manage a wide variety of open source technologies, databases, tools and cloud services;
- Automation/configuration management/provisioning using tools like Chef, Salt, Ansible, CloudFormation, Puppet, etc;
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations with always-available micro services in the context of continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Awareness of new technologies and trends (like containers) is an asset.