- Helsinki, Finland
Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
Do you play games in multiple different genres and constantly think about what makes them tick? Are you the type of person who gets lost in the beauty of the environment when discovering a new game world but also loves to delve into the progression systems to figure out how various statistics scale over levels? You might be the person we are looking for, so get in touch!
We are looking for a Game Designer for our next big console project! As a Game Designer you will play a key role in project’s success by designing gameplay systems that ensure players have fun from day one and that there’s always a reason for them to come back for more. You will work as part of a small but very experienced design team in a collaborative environment where everyone can have their say. And as the project is still in an early phase, you’ll get to have a big impact on how it shapes up!
- Work on game progression, balancing, mission design, reward systems and economy
- Work with level designers to define content and gameplay within the world
- Have a live-ops mind-set to provide designs for systems that keep the game going and enjoyable to players even after launch
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines, including design, art and programming, to create solid feature designs and prototypes
- Iterate designs to figure out what works and what does not
Our Dream candidate has
- Solid experience working in game design or a related field
- Proven experience in systems design (for example economy, progression and balancing)
- Experience in iterative design processes and working with data (what works, what doesn’t, finding what’s relevant and reacting to feedback)
- Experience in live game development and different monetization options
- Proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
- Smooth communication and team work skills
We also appreciate
- Experience or keen interest in UI/UX design (for example menu flow diagrams/wireframes and UI art)
- Understanding of game feel (3Cs, core gameplay, how visual and audio effects enforce understanding and urgency in player actions, etc.)
- Ability to always maintain an objective view of the game, making sure the feature-set and designs cater to the target audience
- Passion for games and interest in the games industry
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Just renovated office space 20 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 20.5.2018, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!