Houdini Specialist - Cinematics [Tom Clancy's The Division 2]
- Malmö, Sweden
At Massive we are looking for a technically oriented Houdini Generalist with previous movie experience, to join our ambitious team working on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. You will get the unique opportunity to with our talented cinematics team to create assets, tools and effects for pre-rendered and run-time movies, which will increase the immersion and quality of the game experience. A key aspect of this role is not only to understand quickly the existing processes and to be able to update/optimize it but is also about being able to understand the level designers and level artists’ needs in order to provide custom tailored tools.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Creating Houdini digital assets to use in game cinematics and in other DCC's
- Creating Houdini tools for automation
- Creating procedural geometry and animations
- Creating effects for movies (pre-rendered and run-time)
You as a person
You describe yourself as an autonomous creative with a focus on goals. Your ability to de-construct reference material in order to build your own, procedural versions makes you a valued member of the team. High standards and a focus on brining the quality of the in-game movies to the next level is second nature to you – which we see in your portfolio. Your ability to see the big picture and know what dependencies you have on others as well as who depend on you.
- Professional working experience directly with Houdini
- Experienced with Python, VEX and Nuke
- Focus on upholding rendering budgets and other technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements for a global pipeline, the ability to enforce strong processes and to setup new ones
- Familiarity with video game development processes and techniques
- Overall artistic knowledge (composition, colour, motion, etc.)
- Experience with other 3D programs is a bonus
- Knowledge of other programming languages (C#, C++, Java Script) is a bonus
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 480 people from 38 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.