- Helsinki, Finland
Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
We are looking for a
for our ambitious unannounced console project
As the Creative Director you are one of the key players in the game development process. You are the champion of game’s overall vision, from its conception all the way to release and beyond, and you make sure everyone involved in the project understands the vision and embraces it.
Your main responsibility as the Creative Director is to ensure the best possible game experience for players, and as such you oversee any high-level decisions that affect the quality of the game. Working closely with producer and team leads you make sure all teams are focusing on the right things at the right time, quality standards are met or exceeded and everyone understands how their work relates to the big picture.
Outside the development team you act as the game’s evangelist, promoting it to key people who are not directly involved in the production process, such as company executives and sales & marketing teams. You are also the voice and the face of the game towards fans, players and the press, acting as an ambassador not only for the game, but also for the studio and Ubisoft as a whole.
- Understand the strategic intentions for the product and work towards achieving them;
- Define and uphold the game’s vision throughout production. Ensure its consistency and understand how all the pieces work together as a creative whole;
- Continuously respond to changes, reshape the vision, and communicate it to everybody, inspiring, involving and aligning the team around creative goals;
- Be the spokesperson for the game’s vision within the team and towards corporate management, the press and players;
- Drive all aspects of the game, from context and world creation to game design and to how the game looks, feels and sounds;
- Consistently validate the coherence and quality of the game;
- With the producer, determine the production scope priorities and eventual adjustments
Our Dream Candidate has
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master´s degree
- Over five years’ experience in a senior game development position, with commercially successful titles under your belt
- Experience of being a vision holder in a project or a champion for a product
- Experience in supervising a creative team a significant asset
- Excellent imagination, creativity and problem-solving skills
- Positive, inspirational leadership skills
- Vast general knowledge of culture and especially of games;
- Ability to listen and communicate efficiently
- Ability to make decisions;
- Ability to delegate and trust in the skills of others
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Just renovated office space 10 minute walk from the Pasila railway station
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, that’s why we have flexible working hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation.