Online Infrastructure Engineer [Live Operations]
- Malmö, Sweden
As Online Infrastructure Engineer you will be part of the development team for Tom Clancy’s The Division™ and the new Avatar project. Your primary role will be to make sure the backend server infrastructure can withstand the pressure and flexibility needs of highly anticipated online games. You will work closely with programmers in the team and operators within the Ubisoft group across the globe to help deliver a great online experience for our players.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Designing and implementing a highly scalable server and network infrastructure
- Managing server infrastructure and contacts with server providers
- Working closely with game developers on related initiatives
- Consulting on the game’s software and data architecture to ensure maximum infrastructure scalability
- Providing 4th level technical support (when Customer Service can’t resolve the issues) and partake in the on-call rotation
You as a person:
You are a pragmatic trouble shooter with an eye for details. You enjoy working with a small close team, open to new ideas, while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You have strong technology capabilities combined with passion, creativity and resourcefulness. You are comfortable working autonomously as well as a good communicator that works well in a team.
If you know:
- How unattended OS deployment works or the intricacies of config management (PXE, WDS, kickstart, saltstack et al.)
- When to apply CAP theorum of highly reliable clustered persistence systems?
- The difference between authorization and authentication. Additionally, how Active Directory implements them
- How to automate yourself out of mundane tasks
- Why you would want to use metrics based monitoring instead of reading log lines
You would like to work with:
- Global scale deployments
- A small close knit team
- Saltstack, python, powershell
- Windows Server, RHEL, FreeBSD
- Active Directory, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, ZFS, Zabbix and Graphite
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 480 people from 38 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.