Senior Environment Artist
- Barcelona, Spain
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game and on two AAA unannounced titles.
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Senior Environment Artist to be part of the Ubisoft Barcelona development team for an “Unannounced AAA project” and future AAA projects. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
- Ensure visual, performance and technical quality of 3D environment assets.
- Deliver high-quality art assets and ensure their efficient integration in the game.
- Participate in the project’s artistic direction consistency through level art work.
- Take ownership of the work developed and make sure it fits within the game standards and needs.
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- As a senior team member, take responsibilities and initiatives such as mentoring, research, art direction and recruitment.
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a 3D Artist role in the videogames industry.
- Strong modelling, texturing and material creation skills and required.
- Ability to work on different styles.
- A keen eye for composition, shape, colour and detail.
- Extensive knowledge of 2D and 3D packages (3D Studio MAX, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox and Substance Package) required.
- Experienced in the usage of PBR and its theory in material creation.
- Experience with some sort of real time engine or tool (UDK, CryEngine, Unity, Marmoset Toolbag…).
- Knowledge of Photogrammetry basics is a plus.
- Concept art skills is a plus.
- Willingness to improve both your and the team’s performance and workflows for the project’s
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to efficiently interact with team members of all departments is a must.
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be creative, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others.
- Excellent English communication skills
Candidates must provide some sort of portfolio