- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about video games? Do you drive for excellence and top-notch quality in whatever you do? Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx, we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
Too many amazing feature ideas, too little time. That´s the reason we are looking for a kick-ass Online Programmer to join our console team! In this role, you will be designing and developing online systems for our brand new game engine for consoles and PC. In particular, you will be working in close co-operation with multidisciplinary teams of programmers, game designers, artists, and testers to develop online services for gameplay features that will fit various future projects RedLynx will be working on.
If high quality code is your second name, new online features knock your socks off and you know video games as the back of your hand, please reveal yourself! We promise plenty of interesting challenges and a relaxed, yet highly skilled online team to work with. This is a unique possibility to work for a big game publisher inside a cozy and friendly Finnish game development studio.
• Collaborate with designers and programmers to make technical design for our online features
• Implement state-of-the-art online features to our game engine
• Stay up-to date on online programming in general and your specialties in particular
Our Dream candidate has
• Experience with asynchronous responsive client-server applications or websites
• Fluency in C++
• Strong general programming and code architecture skills
• Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable and functional code
• Commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
• Smooth communication and team work skills
We also appreciate
• Experience with database architectures
• Experience of at least one full development cycle from conception to shipping
• Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
• Passion for games and interest in the games industry
• Proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
• Awesome projects with a lot of variety
• An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
• Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
• Just renovated office space 20 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
• Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
• Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
• Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 1.4.2018, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!