- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montréal is looking for a Texture Artist.
At Ubisoft Montréal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montréal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montréal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor, and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
The Texture Artist will create and/or modify textures (all layers required) and apply them to game elements, in keeping with the artistic director’s vision.
The main and routine tasks of the Texture Artist are to:
- Create or modify textures based on the object and its use;
- Define the types and number of textures to produce with technical leads and in keeping with the project’s technical constraints (number of layers, available memory, texel ratios, etc.);
- Optimize the textures that are produced and their uses;
- Produce all of the textures required (nmap, spec, diffuse, etc.) to reach quality standards and emphases the project’s vision;
- Help optimize game levels through textures;
- Master 2D tools and understand 3D tools to create the textures for the unwrap and test the mapping;
- Create materials (multilayer);
- Be aware of the objects and environments created by modellers, level artists and level designers in order to support planning the work;
- Help plan texture production with the immediate supervisor based on the needs of level artists and/or modellers;
- Validate the textures’ quality once they are imported in the game and improve them whenever necessary;
- Be proactive in exchanges with the modelling and level artist teams in order to adapt the textures to their needs and constraints;
- Fix bugs related to textures;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in modelling for video games or equivalent training.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in modelling, texturing, lighting or image processing or other relevant experience.
- Team spirit;
- Observation skills;
- Ability to receive feedback and adapt to change;
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Knowledge of the development engine;
- Knowledge of architectural and anatomical principles an asset.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.