- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about video games? Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
RedLynx, a Ubisoft studio is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
Now we are looking for a
to join the ambitious team who is working on an unannounced console project.
As a Development Tester you will play a key role in ensuring that our game has the best possible quality and gives our players a smooth and enjoyable playing experience! You will be making sure that the product meets well-defined criteria through analyzing the defined objectives and that they are implemented in a way that meets our internal and external standards. You will work embedded in a Taskforce or discipline, meaning you will support a specific team with assignments such as development testing, integration testing, and writing test cases but also give feedback, insights and suggestions.
We are looking for a proactive team player who aims for top-notch quality and understands the production of console games. We hope that you would have already gained experience in testing games, but what matters most is a can-do attitude and motivation to learn new things!
We are offering you an amazing opportunity to develop your skills in a challenging project with a passionate team. Due to the project reasons, we are looking for someone to join our team with a one year fixed term contract, but as we are a growing studio, there is also a possibility to become a permanent member of the RedLynx family after the fixed term.
- Reporting issues encountered with a standard format that can be easily identified and reproduced according to project guidelines
- Supporting the development team with assigning, tracking and verifying the issues for your task force or discipline
- Creating test cases and keeping documents up to date
- Compiling and work proactive with reports, issues and the progress of the testing area you are responsible of
- Together with the team, actively work to improving quality and the efficiency of the tests
- Managing various types of group tests
- Actively responds to emails addressed to the Quality Control team
- Participates in meetings about area of tests and provide information about the status, major issues, blockers and risks
- Updates and follows up on Project Documentation (Feature Design Documents, Test Cases, and Test Reports etc.)
Our dream candidate
- Has already experience in testing the game in production
- Has in-depth knowledge of bug life cycle
- Is experienced in utilizing Bug databases (Jira or similar)
- Is experienced in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures (Testrail or MS Excel or similar)
- Has knowledge in console and PC-world and know how to utilize his/her skills to improve the end result of the game.
- Is comfortable working in a multicultural team and supporting other
- Is a proactive communicator with excellent and systematic problem solving skills
We also appreciate
- Passion for gaming
- Basics of automation
- Learning mindset
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
This may be the opportunity of a lifetime, so don’t wait or hesitate. Just go for it.
Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 11.2.2018, so apply now!!