- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about mobile games? Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
RedLynx, a Ubisoft studio is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
To work with our latest mobile release South Park: Phone Destroyer™
Would you enjoy fine-tuning the gameplay interactions between a cross dressing Pocahontas and Jesus Christ incarnate? Does the idea of making players collect golden poop nuggets for holiday rewards excite you? Have you ever really wanted to send a fart emoji to your enemy during combat? If so, then designing South Park: Phone Destroyer might just be your dream job!
As a Game Designer, you will take ownership of various features and systems within South Park: Phone Destroyer. You will work with the Creative Director, Senior Designer and the rest of the development team to build upon and improve the initial success of the game. Your tasks will include designing features and systems, documenting your designs, seeing them though to implementation and testing, and making sure they are aligned with the overall game’s direction and needs. You will also be balancing gameplay, tuning the economy, configuring loot and rewards, and much more – basically, all the things designers usually do to make great games!
Our dream candidate…
• Has some experience as a Game Designer, preferably on mobile.
• Understands and embraces free-to-play.
• Has strong math skills and proficiency in Excel.
• Possesses great documentation skills
• Has good communication skills, verbal and written
We also appreciate if you…
• Shipped at least one mobile free-to-play game in any capacity.
• Have hands-on experience with Unity.
• Have experience in economy design and balancing.
• Are passionate about collectable card games and strategy games.
• Have some (basic) skills in other disciplines such as drawing, coding, fiddle playing, etc.
• Awesome projects with a lot of variety
• An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
• Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
• Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
• Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
• Relocation help
This may be the opportunity of a lifetime, so don’t wait or hesitate. Just go for it.
Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 25.2.2018, so apply now!