- Cary, NC, USA
Red Storm Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a talented Game Designer to join our Division 2 team! This design role works with a multi-discipline team to fulfill the positioning and primary feature requirements of the game, and contribute to the team’s goal of reaching the project’s primary vision. You must be able to fulfill game-related design, writing tasks and assist in implementing features to drive development. If you are adept at analyzing playtest results and feedback, and tuning features to create the best player experiences this job may be for you!
· Design and Document – Working with the lead designer develop fleshed out feature designs and complete thorough documentation for all assigned features.
· Assist in implementation – Work with technical designers to utilize the tools provided by the project team to implement gameplay as directed.
· Assist in driving feature development - Constantly review the progress of the game and adjust the implementation of assigned features to match the vision.
· Assist design group –Provide feedback to other designers on ideas, features, gameplay, and design documents and contribute actively to brainstorming sessions.
· Communicate Game Vision - Be prepared to provide a concise and complete presentation on the core vision of the game or assigned areas of the game to any audience.
· Regular Playtesting – Remain knowledgeable of the entire game throughout production to ensure productive playtesting sessions and to provide actionable feedback.
· Competitive Analysis – Periodically play and complete analysis of relevant competitor’s games and features.
· Be self-driven - Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to an agreed-upon schedule.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· 3+ years of design experience
· Credit on one or more published multi-player titles preferred
· Extensive knowledge of games in many genres across all platforms
· Demonstrated ability to effectively document original ideas and concepts
· Strong interpersonal skills—able to interact with team members of different disciplines
· Willingness to respond to and adapt to constructive criticism
· Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
· Deep passion for games as a craft
· Good positive attitude and outlook
· Familiarity with Ubisoft products and scripting tools preferred
· Experience with multiplayer games, open world games, role playing games, and/or live games preferred
· College degree in related field preferred
· Candidates for this position should be prepared to provide samples, including game scripts, design documents, and/or writing samples
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.