Development Tester [Avatar Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
The Avatar Project is looking for two new Development Tester to join the ambitious team of developing the world of Pandora.
The new Development Testers role is to ensure the quality of the game, making sure that the product meets well-defined criteria through analyzing the defined objectives; and making sure they are properly implemented, in a way that provides a quality product that meets our internal and external standards. The Development tester will work embedded in a Taskforce or discipline, meaning you will support a specific team with assignments such as development testing, integration testing, writing test cases but also give feedback, insights and suggestions.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Reporting issues encountered with a standard format that can be easily identified and reproduced according to project guidelines
- Supporting the development team with assigning, tracking and verifying the issues for your task force or discipline
- Creating test cases and keeping documents up to date
- Compiling and work proactive with reports, issues and the progress of the testing area you are responsible of
- Together with the team, actively work to improve quality and efficacy of the tests
- Assisting and support new members of the department
- Managing various types of group tests
As a person, you are a natural troubleshooter with an analytical mindset. You possess good communication skills, with willingness to take initiative and are capable of adapting to different people and changes. You know how to manage and plan your own time, and you take pride in delivering top quality, and are focused when it comes to enhancing the end-users’ experience of the game.
Furthermore, you are a great teammate, dedicated to the job and you easily and efficiently interact with people. At the same time, you have the ability to work both independently and like working within large groups. You have a skilled eye for spotting essential details, and patience to find hidden bugs to be able to raise the quality standard of the game.
- 3+ years of relevant experience of software testing
- In-depth knowledge of bug life cycle
- Experienced in utilizing Bug databases (Jira or similar)
- Experienced in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
- Comfortable working in a team and supporting other
- Knowledge in console and PC-world and know how to utilize your skills to improve the end result of the game.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio. Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.