Senior Environment/Prop Artist [Avatar Project] (f/m)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
Ubisoft Blue Byte are also collaborating with Massive Entertainment on the Avatar project, building an immersive, deep, and tangible world based on James Cameron’s Avatar.
We are now accepting applications for suitably qualified Senior Environment/Prop Artist [Avatar Project] to join our ambitious team, developing the world of Pandora. This position will be based at our Düsseldorf studio.
The Senior Environment/Prop Artist will be responsible for creating high quality 3D environment assets for production. You will also be responsible for smooth integration of the 3D assets into the game engine whilst closely collaborating with the Art Director and Lead Artist to maintain a consistent visual style in the game.
Further responsibilities include:
- Creation of high quality models and textures
- Ensure performance and technical quality of 3D environment assets
- Setup destruction, dynamic objects and other functionality of art assets
- Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Provide support and advice for artists
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Environment / Props artist in game development
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- A keen eye for composition, shape, color and detail
- Very good skills in Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush and Photoshop.
- Strong texturing and painting skills
- Ability to closely adapt a specific art style
- Ability to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results on time
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety
- Flexible work hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We are offering highly motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH