Senior Gameplay Programmer - Rainbow Six Siege
- Barcelona, Spain
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Assassins Creed III Remaster
We are currently seeking motivated and skilled Senior Gameplay Programmers. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the candidate will collaborate with Designers to define (or improve) features and interactions between player and game.
- Works on tasks assigned by the Lead Programmer.
- Keeps player comfort into account when making implementation decisions.
- Creates latency-free, reactive interactions.
- Prototypes features and carries out iterative playtests.
- Uses metrics to detect regressions in gameplay that harm the game feel.
- Studies game and level design documents, and gives feedback on feasibility.
- Identifies missing details in feature requests and breaks down the tasks into modules that can be implemented and tested.
- Be a reference for the Gameplay Programming team in relation to various Programming elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise
- Produces efficient code and participates in architecture and code reviews.
- Writes portable code.
- Solves bugs and issues.
- Manage workload and time autonomously within the tasks assigned and to deliver to specification and schedule;
- Be a representative of Ubisoft Barcelona culture (development of standards, procedures and processes)
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in gaming industry, with at least 5 years as Gameplay Programmer or similar position.
- Strong knowledge of C++, and solid understanding of object-oriented programming. Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Previous experience working as a Gameplay Programmer in a FPS title is a plus
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Problem-solving and open minded attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others.