- Québec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 450 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences
The Physic Programmer will be responsible of developing and maintaining physic related functionalities in order to create a game that simulates actions such as collisions, moving objects, gravity, soft bodies, fluids, etc.
· Compile and understand the physic related needs of the project to assess the technical feasibility of the developments to be carried out;
· Assess existing physic functionalities in the engine and determine whether or not they meet project requirements;
· Suggest improvements, design and implement new systems if necessary;
· Program in a clear and structured way, taking performance, maintenance, compatibility, and portability requirements into account;
· Validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet the specific physic requirements of the project and are coherent with the existing code;
· Profile and optimize physic related system if necessary;
· Support the physic functionalities and systems designed for the project;
· Seek out and correct physic bugs identified by people from other crafts and the quality control team;
· Document the work for knowledge transfer and enable users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new physic systems and functionalities;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelors in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years’ software programming experience, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Good analytical and synthesizing abilities;
· Strong math background;
· Problem-solving skills;
· Autonomous and resourceful;
· Attention to detail;
· Flexibility in work organization;
· Good communication and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to work as part of a team;
· Ability to adapt to change;