- Barcelona, Spain
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 19 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game and on two AAA unannounced titles.
Ubisoft Barcelona is looking for a Lighting Artist to create high-quality lighting in a real-time game engine using PBR.
Be responsible for, advice on and improve the quality of lighting effects for the project and ensure that the work is in line with technical and artistic constraints.
Work closely with the Lead Artist in collaboration with the Environment art team and Vfx team in order to implement atmospheres and lead the player’s attention based on the artistic direction, gameplay/design/game narration, technological limitations and production deadlines.
- Create lighting systems, colour grading and other post process effect setups that will support the atmosphere and gameplay effects;
- Verify the quality of the lighting once the elements are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements;
- In addition to light sources, set out the selected moods and atmospheres;
- Makes choices and communicates them accordingly to reach the expected quality for optimized lighting setups;
- Anticipates and suggests improvements to solve technical issues;
- Communicate with other teams (Level Artists, Level Designer) in order to ensure that their needs are properly taken into account
- Optimize the lighting effects to produce the best possible lighting, in keeping with the technical limitations of the engine and project;
- Participate in planning lighting production with the immediate supervisor;
- Fix bugs related to lighting;
- Demonstrable experience in AAA videogames or similar real time projects.
- Solid artistic knowledge of lighting techniques, real-time and pre-rendering
- Strong knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear Workflows;
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, colour and image composition;
- In-depth knowledge of colour grading and other post process effects;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to understand technical constraints and to apply them to the assets/setups created;
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
- Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams;
- Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions;
- Ability to receive feedback, implement any requested changes and clearly communicate ideas;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
- Knowledge of workload management software/principles (e.g. Jira);
- Passion for games and strong game culture;
- Good English and communication skills.