Technical Artist Houdini M/F
- Annecy, France
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
For its Annecy Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for a Houdini Artist (Male or Female) to join a team in charge of developing the procedural content generation pipeline and tools in a AAA game and participate in the upcoming Ubisoft blockbuster.
Under the responsibility of the Procedural Team Lead, the Houdini Technical Artist works with the Procedural Team Lead, and the other Leads to define and create, support and maintain the procedural content generation pipeline and tools. A key aspect of this role is not only to understand quickly the existing processes and to be able to update/optimize it but is also about being able to understand the level designers and level artists’ needs in order to provide custom tailored tools.
- Create Houdini digital assets for use in game with Houdini Engine (procedural objects, terrain processing & space population (rocks and vegetation))
- Iterate with the various teams to :
- create tools linking the game engine to Houdini processes
- Empower the level designers by freeing them from redundant tasks
- Allow the artists to express their creativity by providing them with comprehensive tools
- Maintain the processes and pipeline by ensuring that all new addition is compliant with the existing systems.
- Be able to gather in a same rule 1/ the gameplay (playability/variety), 2/ the technical constraints (memory/perf) and 3/ the artistic requirements
- Troubleshoot problems and find appropriate solutions
- Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
- Well advance Houdini knowledge
- Familiar with Python and ideally VEX (or ICE)
- Strong understanding of rendering budgets and other technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines
- Strong understanding of the requirements for a global pipeline, the ability to enforce strong processes and to setup new ones.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills / like team work
- Good knowledge and understanding of the video game development processes and techniques
- Overall artistic knowledge (composition, colour, motion, etc.) is a plus
“Nice to have”
- Experience in developing games for consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
- Knowledge of other programming languages (C#, C++, Java Script)
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.