Database Administrator MSSQL - Ubiservices
- Montreal, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The database administrator will oversee the optimization, development and maintenance of the database he/she is assigned. The incumbent will also ensure the administration, proper functioning and development of the reports, screens, processes, workflows and shell scripts that pertain to these applications.
The main and routine tasks of the database administrator are to:
- Work closely with dev teams to solve RDBMS problems (devops style);
- Determine database needs for the firm and projects;
- Implement the technical design;
- Model the data and design and draft the technical documents;
- Validate the evaluation of the efforts required for each project and task;
- Train team resources on database-related technologies;
- Enhance the process to ensure the quality and integrity of the data;
- Draft complex reports and compile statistics;
- Monitor, optimize, preserve and manage change;
- Clone environments;
- Administrators specializing in EPR must oversee the ERP (user management, responsibilities, patches and bug fixes);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
BA, BSc or equivalent work experience.
- Combined experience in database administration and development;
- Experience in data warehousing and business intelligence;
- Experience in computing projects an asset;
- Experience in process implementation.
Skills and knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience in MySQL and/or MSSQL Database administration and tuning
- 1+ years in administration of RDS databases in AWS
- Problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work despite uncertainty;
- Client focus;
- Ability to quickly adapt to situations;
- Team spirit;
- Ability to develop the skills of direct collaborators and others;
- Bilingualism (French-English, spoken and written).