Lighting Artist M/F
- Annecy, France
Ubisoft is looking for its Annecy Production Studio a Lighting Artist (M / F) to join a team in charge of developing an AAA game.
The incumbent will be responsible for creating high-quality lighting as well as placing lighting effects directly in a state-of-the-art game editor.
The lighting specialist will create atmospheres and direct the player’s attention based on the artistic direction, gameplay/design/game narration, technological limitations and production deadlines.
Thanks to your lighting, you will transform unlighted gaming environments into compelling and seductive environments!
Your main missions will be:
- Follow the artistic direction in order to become familiar with the challenges that will impact game lighting and be able to propose atmosphere and lighting ideas;
- Design lighting systems that will support the atmosphere and gameplay effects and highlight the work of other working units;
- Verify the quality of the lighting once the elements are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements;
- In addition to light sources, set out the selected moods and atmospheres;
- Communicate with other trades (Level Artists, Level Designer) in order to ensure that their needs are properly taken into account;
- Have the artistic director and technical director validate the quality of the lighting and make any changes that are requested;
- Be the main contact of other Ubisoft production sites for technical lighting issues to look into the root causes of lighting issues, to solve lighting problems and enhance the quality of the product;
- Fix the lighting bugs entered by testers;
- Optimize the lighting effects to produce the best possible lighting, in keeping with the technical limitations of the engine;
- Carry out all other related tasks;
Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in video games lighting or any other relevant fields;
The following additional experiences are a major asset:
- Experience in real-time lighting
- Creation of special effects, post processing-FX
- Experience in photography an asset;
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, color and image composition;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Pay attention to detail;
- Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions;
- Knowledge of other video game production working units;
- Solid artistic knowledge of lighting techniques, realtime and pre-rendering.
Thanks to submit your CV, a cover letter as well as all personal / professional wok or Web site that may interest us for this position
Desired references for your book: real-time realistic style objects.
Position to be filled in Annecy, in September 2017.