- Québec City, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. By the end of 2016, the team will exceed 400 people, all of which are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The production manager will ensure specific project deliverables by clearly communicating the objectives to the multidisciplinary team through sound project management.
The main and routine tasks of the production manager are to:
* Help set out the project scope and deliverables by estimating workload and/or resource requirements to attain the objectives or complete requests for changes and implement issue resolution processes whenever necessary;
* Organize and coordinate the various activities and resources required in the production process (production, test, debugging planning, etc.);
* Ensure that the teams have the technical support they require (DM, Hardware, DT, documents, tools) to ensure effective output;
* Inform the team on the advancement of the deliverables (planned versus actual) and address gaps;
* Approve or get approval for the work carried out by team members at the end of each phase (iterative process);
* Communicate effectively with team members to ensure they are aware of current projects, the advancement of the work and project directions (top-down) and inform supervisors of relevant information on the work team (bottom-up);
* Ensure proper bug management for team deliverables (priorities, assignments, milestones, version phases);
* Communicate consumer information to team members to ensure they keep the target audience in mind;
* Understand the game vision so as to be able to effectively intervene when setting out the scope;
* Share ideas that could enhance the quality of the game with team members;
* Ensure work team mobilization by regularly gauging team moral, finding the root causes of any issues and implementing relevant solutions;
* Coach employees in their work to foster their development in their current positions or careers;
* Carry out and/or validate performance assessments and work team objectives;
* Identify and manage underperformance and/or conflicts;
* Help determine team development activities (training, COOP, etc.) and initiatives to meet the individual needs of team members;
* Approve the time sheets and manage the absences and holidays of team members;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
College or university degree in management, administration or equivalent.
* 5 years’ experience in coordination and/or team management;
* Experience in the video games or film industry an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
* Stress and change management skills;
* Time and priority management skills;
* Sound judgment;
* Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
* Ability to adapt to different personalities;
* Good listening skills;
* Project management skills;
* Knowledge of the MS Office suite;
* Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.).