Marketing Content Copywriter
- 44 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings® is a leading fintech company that sits at the crossroads of HCM, SaaS, and robo-record keeping. Our mission is to empower small businesses and their employees to create a more secure financial future by leveraging technology with affordable retirement solutions and world-class customer support. For over 2 decades, we have helped workers save more than $2.5 billion and opened retirement plans for 9,000+ small businesses—pioneering a transparent, flat-fee, customizable savings experience. Our tenured team are retirement experts and future-you champions! Learn more at: myubiquity.com
The only thing as unique as our business model is our company culture. We thrive on accountability, collaboration, and transparency. Proudly one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area and Entrepreneur Magazine's Top 150 Company Cultures, we take what we do seriously and always strive to be happy at work. With mottos like "Freedom With Accountability," we are a family of friends who like to get it done and do it with passion.
Rated as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times (for nearly a decade)
Ranked as one of the top 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation by Inc. Magazine (11 years running)
Listed as one of Business Week’s 100 fastest-growing inner-city companies in the nation (every year since 2012)
Ubiquity also produced a hard-hitting and feature-length documentary with producers and editors out of CNN. Watch Broken Eggs: The Looming Retirement Crisis in America, today.
The Marketing Content Copywriter will work to create simple, compelling content that engages our target audiences. They will apply their storytelling skills and digital proficiency to turn complex financial concepts into accessible, actionable, and digestible content for various marketing deliverables. This includes marketing and operational messaging through web copy, emails, and video scripts; adapting the tone and complexity of each piece to speak to the correct audience. In addition, they will work closely with teams across the organization, ensuring that the Ubiquity messaging, voice, tone, and style are consistent throughout all deliverables.
- Write and edit compelling content across a variety of media that drives leads and digital engagement
- Bring Ubiquity's voice to life across all marketing channels (e.g., email nurture campaigns, landing pages, sales collateral, ads, etc.)
- Connect with our clients, build trust, and communicate our value effectively through smart communication
- Contribute ideas to help make content relevant, accessible, and measurable
- Embrace and promote digital best practices
- Collaborate effectively with marketing colleagues, internal stakeholders, and outside partners
- Proofread and edit copy from draft through the release
Skills + Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of writing experience across email, landing pages, ads, product experiences, and other digital marketing channels–for B2B, B2C and B2B2C audiences
- Outstanding writing, grammatical, and communication skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts into accessible, engaging, and digestible content
- Knowledge of SEO and ability to research, identify, and incorporate keywords
- Data-driven mindset with a history of driving measurable business performance
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic understanding of financial advertising compliance principles, as well as the ability to adhere to Ubiquity's compliance standards
- Effective at prioritizing projects and workload as they relate to company and departmental goals tracking and following through on their own responsibilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Keen prioritization/adaptation skills; ability to shift focus as business needs dictate
- Curiosity and drive to become a financial services expert
Bonus Points if you have:
- Interest in and follow the fintech space and/or have a financial services background
- Experience writing copy for a company in a highly regulated industry
Adaptability & Flexibility - Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
Organizing - Capable of managing multiple clients and priorities, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment with frequently changing priorities
Communication - Use of appropriate and effective language used for a given situation and actively engages in conversations to understand others’ message
Results Focus / Initiative - Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
Attention to detail - Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks
This is a salaried, full-time position. Please follow application instructions carefully and note that a cover letter is required along with your resume.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous stipend toward premiums for medical, dental, and vision
- Learning and development stipends
- 401(k) Matching
- Monthly wellness subsidies
- Equity incentives
- Flexible PTO policy
- Time off for volunteering
- Emphasis on internal promotions
- Regular performance reviews
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.