Senior Compliance Analyst
- 44 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings® is a leading fintech company that sits at the crossroads of HCM, SaaS, and robo-record keeping. Our mission is to empower small businesses and their employees to create a more secure financial future by leveraging technology with affordable retirement solutions and world-class customer support. For over 2 decades, we have helped workers save more than $2.5 billion and opened retirement plans for 9,000+ small businesses—pioneering a transparent, flat-fee, customizable savings experience. Our tenured team are retirement experts and future-you champions! Learn more at: myubiquity.com
The only thing as unique as our business model is our company culture. We thrive on accountability, collaboration, and transparency. Proudly one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area and Entrepreneur Magazine's Top 150 Company Cultures, we take what we do seriously and always strive to be happy at work. With mottos like "Freedom With Accountability," we are a family of friends who like to get it done and do it with passion.
Rated as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times (for nearly a decade)
Ranked as one of the top 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation by Inc. Magazine (11 years running)
Listed as one of Business Week’s 100 fastest-growing inner-city companies in the nation (every year since 2012)
Ubiquity also produced a hard-hitting and feature-length documentary with producers and editors out of CNN. Watch Broken Eggs: The Looming Retirement Crisis in America, today.
The Senior Compliance Analyst (SCA) will work with the team to handle day-to-day IRS and DOL compliance matters as they relate to the retirement industry and perform annual calculations for retirement plans. Additionally, the SCA will assist with seasonal high volume projects such as 5500 preparations and filings and non-discrimination testing. The SCA will work with the department head to review new DOL and IRS regulations and the impact to the business. The SCA will assist the department head in writing RKS and Admin system design documents required to support the organization’s compliance functions. The SCA interacts with clients and internal service team members via email and occasionally by phone on a day-to-day basis to answer any questions that may require retirement plan compliance expertise.
- Ensure timely execution of time-sensitive Compliance team functions
- Serves compliance team members as the subject matter expert of retirement related matters. Performs research within IRS, DOL, TAG, ERISA Answer Book, and other resource material to determine accurate solutions to complex problems.
- Take ownership of Plan Sponsor compliance issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Recognize and share organizational and department process improvements with the department head and devise improvement plans
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Plan provision amendments
- Plan document restatements
- Retirement Plan benefit calculations
- Annual non-discrimination testing including but not limited to ADP/ACP, Top Heavy determinations, and 410(b) coverage testing
- Operate within pre-existing KPI and SLAs set forth by the Compliance Operations Manager
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Maintain, follow, and enforce all Ubiquity security policies and procedures at all times. (Policies will be shared with all employees annually. Employees can request a copy of most recent policies from Ubiquity’s Security Officer at any time.)
401k Knowledge - Extensive knowledge of ERISA regulations governing 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plans (defined contribution).
Strategic - Observes where current trends will lead, and how they many influence the organization’s direction specifically as they relate to new industry regulations.
Customer Focus - Focuses on internal and external customers at all times. Takes customer’s perspective to find new ways to improve. Emphasizes a team approach to providing great customer service. Seeks customer feedback and ensures needs have been fully met.
Communication - Uses appropriate and effective language used for any given situation and actively engages in conversations to understand others’ message.
Accountability - Takes personal responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Integrity - Ability to ensure high standards of quality control over department processes to promotes accuracy and accountability and minimize operational risk.
Skills + Experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in retirement industry, preferably in a Compliance role
- Four year BS/BA Degree
- Extensive experience in non-discrimination testing, Annual form 5500 preparation and filing, and annual Profit Sharing and Safe harbor benefit calculations.
- Working knowledge of compliance testing software, 5500 software and tools
- Comfortable multi-tasking and with advanced trouble shooting situations
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to diagnose problems and produce solutions
- Ability to flex between working autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent follow through and communication through email, phone, and in person
This is a salaried, full-time position. Please follow application instructions carefully and make sure to submit a cover letter along with your resume.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous stipend toward premiums for medical, dental, and vision
- Learning and development stipends
- Monthly wellness subsidies
- Equity incentives
- Flexible PTO policy
- Time off for volunteering
- Emphasis on internal promotions
- Regular performance reviews
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.