Client Success Team Leader
- 44 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings’ mission is to empower small businesses and their employees to create a more secure financial future and peace of mind, by leveraging technology with affordable and effective retirement solutions, and world-class customer support. Over our 20 year history, we have helped people save more than $2.25 billion in retirement contributions and opened retirement plans for 7,000+ small businesses—pioneering transparent, flat-fee, customizable plans for this historically underserved community. Our team of experienced professionals are extreme retirement enthusiasts and future-you champions! Join the movement and learn more at: myubiquity.com
The only thing as unique as our business model is our company culture. We thrive on accountability, collaboration, and transparency. Proudly one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area and Entrepreneur Magazine's Top 150 Company Cultures, we take what we do seriously and always strive to be happy at work. With mottos like "Freedom With Accountability," we are a family of friends who like to get it done and do it with passion.
- Rated as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times (for nearly a decade)
- Ranked as one of the top 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation by Inc. Magazine (11 years running)
- Listed as one of Business Week’s 100 fastest-growing inner-city companies in the nation (every year since 2012)
Ubiquity also produced a hard-hitting and feature-length documentary with producers and editors out of CNN. Watch Broken Eggs: The Looming Retirement Crisis in America, today.
The Client Success Team Leader is a pivotal role in establishing and nurturing the right client experience through direct client interactions and effective leadership of internal teams.
This role will answer and route all client support questions via inbound email, phone, our proprietary CRM, and chat feature. Clients may include plan sponsors and advisors. This role will also develop and execute plans to provide great client experiences for the range of client types (small businesses, individuals, and advisors), including driving special projects and managing project teams as needed. The Client Success Team Leader may also have team management responsibilities.
What You'll Be Doing
- Monitors our support queue, classifies tickets for the team based on the type of inquiry, and responds to most support tickets to help our clients with their retirement plan questions
- Researches and assists in solving complicated client requests by collaborating with different team members at Ubiquity
- Acts as backup for phone support for incoming client questions
- Collaborates with their Client Success Team on ways to improve Ubiquity’s Client Satisfaction and Net Promoter Scores
- Acts as liaison between plan sponsors and other internal Ubiquity groups, including Financial Operations, Accounting, and Compliance
- Ensures SLAs are met for ticket response rates
- Proactively reaches out to clients to assess needs and determine ways to add value
- May manage one or more teams of Client Success Specialists, conducting annual strategic planning and providing direction, training, and load balancing to the team
- Lead special projects / initiatives as needed
- Maintain, follow, and enforce all Ubiquity security policies and procedures at all times. (Policies will be shared with all employees annually. Employees can request a copy of most recent policies from Ubiquity’s Security Officer at any time.)
Client Service - Keeps internal and external clients in mind at all times. Proactively address client concerns and guide them through the support process for quick and effective issue resolutions.
Leadership - Demonstrated success at proactively identifying ways to improve the client experience and executes effective plans to activate the ideas.
Team Management - Demonstrated track record of successful team management, strategic planning, objective setting, coaching, and performance management.
Organized - Thrives in a quick-deadline environment managing multiple clients, priorities, and tickets at different levels of completion.
Communication - Clear, polished, and professional spoken and written communications skills. Has the ability to explain and break down complex ideas with easy-to-understand instructions.
401k knowledge - Clear knowledge of administering all aspects of 401(k) plan, including but not limited to 5500s, compliance testing, safe harbor, census, and annual auditing for retirement plans.
Positivity - Has positive-minded demeanor that puts clients at ease, and enables rapid relationship building.
- 7-9 years experience in client service role
- 401(k) industry experience required
- 3-5 years team management experience
- Ability to quickly diagnose problems and solve them
- Excellent follow through and communication
This is a salaried, full-time position located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Remote candidates will be considered. Please follow application instructions carefully and make sure to submit a cover letter along with your resume.
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) company match (up to 4%)
- Generous stipend toward premiums for medical, dental, and vision
- Learning and development stipends
- Monthly wellness subsidies
- Equity incentives
- Flexible PTO policy
- Time off for volunteering
- Fun social events and outings
- Emphasis on internal promotions
- Regular performance reviews
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.