- 44 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings’ mission is to empower small businesses and their employees to create a more secure financial future and peace of mind, by leveraging technology with affordable and effective retirement solutions, and world-class customer support. Over our 20 year history, we have helped people save more than $2.25 billion in retirement contributions and opened retirement plans for 7,000+ small businesses—pioneering transparent, flat-fee, customizable plans for this historically underserved community. Our team of experienced professionals are extreme retirement enthusiasts and future-you champions! Join the movement and learn more at: myubiquity.com
The only thing as unique as our business model is our company culture. We thrive on accountability, collaboration, and transparency. Proudly one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area and Entrepreneur Magazine's Top 150 Company Cultures, we take what we do seriously and always strive to be happy at work. With mottos like "Freedom With Accountability," we are a family of friends who like to get it done and do it with passion.
- Rated as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times (for nearly a decade)
- Ranked as one of the top 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation by Inc. Magazine (11 years running)
- Listed as one of Business Week’s 100 fastest-growing inner-city companies in the nation (every year since 2012)
Ubiquity also produced a hard-hitting and feature-length documentary with producers and editors out of CNN. Watch Broken Eggs: The Looming Retirement Crisis in America, today.
The Implementation Specialist is the face of Ubiquity during new client onboarding. This role is responsible for driving new client plan setup, including communicating with clients, plan sponsors and advisors to organize and conduct meetings and address any questions or issues regarding new plan setups. This role will ensure that the client onboarding experience is positive, timely and efficient and will help transition clients from new plan set-ups to their ongoing client support team.
- Independently and proactively drive Ubiquity’s plan setup process from start to finish, with minimal direction
- Create a great client service onboarding experience by engaging customers while also creating a high sense of client urgency to complete the plan set up process quickly and accurately
- Take ownership of client issues, and follow problems through to resolution
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Document all client contact in proprietary database, clearly logging any issues and follow up as required
- Discuss Plan Provisions with clients to determine the best type of plan for them
- Thoroughly review existing plan documents for conversion plans to determine provisions our system can support and discuss any needed changes with clients
- Accurately prepare all plan documents required to legally activate a client plan, and address any client items to ensure complete legal compliance
- Add new client retirement plans to Paradigm, Ubiquity’s recordkeeping system, in accordance with the plan document specifications
- Establish trust accounts to invest the plan assets into the chosen mutual funds
- Audit and compile participant balance data to post to accounts upon transfer to Paradigm
- Process detailed work within assigned timeframes and without errors
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Other tasks as assigned
401k Industry - Knowledge of federal pension regulations within the retirement industry and of IRS and DOL governmental agency regulations. Actively working towards pension credentials.
Customer Focus - Keeps internal and external customers in mind at all times and proactively seeks ways to improve service delivery. Emphasizes a team approach to providing great customer service. Solicits customer feedback and ensures their needs have been fully met.
Accountability - Takes personal responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight. Stays focused on work and makes the best use of time and resources.
Communication - Uses appropriate and effective language for any given situation and actively engages client to understand their needs and concerns. Effectively listens and is able to communicate relevant information for others to understand.
Skills + Experience
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in the 401(k) industry and in a client servicing role with high volume of successful customer interactions
- Solid project management skills
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases, and tools
- Comfortable multi-tasking and with demonstrated resourcefulness at trouble shooting
- Highly proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematical skills
- Excellent computer skills that includes MS Office, Salesforce and other CRM applications (and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new app/software skills)
This is a salaried, full-time position located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Remote candidates will be considered. Please follow application instructions carefully and make sure to submit a cover letter along with your resume.
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) company match (up to 4%)
- Generous stipend toward premiums for medical, dental, and vision
- Learning and development stipends
- Monthly wellness subsidies
- Equity incentives
- Flexible PTO policy
- Time off for volunteering
- Fun social events and outings
- Emphasis on internal promotions
- Regular performance reviews
Ubiquity Retirement + Savings is an equal employment opportunity employer for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.