- 1160 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Ubiquity is a growth-explosive entrepreneurial FinTech company that has been trail-blazing and disrupting our industry since 1999. Providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the opportunity to save for their future, Ubiquity delivers simple, off-the-shelf, and flat-fee-for-service retirement and savings plans for everyone. We are #TheNewNormal.
•We’ve been rated as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times (seven years running)
•Ranked as one of the top 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation by Inc. Magazine (nine years running)
•Listed as one of Business Week’s 100 fastest-growing inner-city companies in the nation (four years running)
We’ve also got a documentary. It’s called Broken Eggs Film. Check it out!
The controller is a key member of the Ubiquity Retirement + Savings Executive Team reporting to the CEO. They are responsible for directing all aspects of the company’s accounting and financial management activities. Success in this role will result from the combination of hands-on technical knowledge and the ability to effectively develop and lead a team to achieve established objectives.
- Own all accounting processes including general ledger, A/R, A/P, revenue recognition, payroll reporting, banking relationships, and financial reporting.
- Produce accurate, relevant and timely financial reports and budgets for company management
- Develop and manage a team that proactively drives continuous improvement
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and own the successful completion of a year-end audit
- Coordinate the completion of annual tax returns and 409(a) valuation
- Assist with company governance activities including corporate insurance and equity administration
- Support Board and Executive Team by participating in the presentation of financial information at quarterly board and company meetings
- Effectively discharge administrative management duties such as setting objective, assessing performance, and resolving personnel problems
- Take ownership and initiative in responding to special projects (i.e. joint ventures, equity management, etc.)
Organizing - Capable of managing multiple priorities, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment with frequently changing priorities.
Communication - Use of appropriate and effective language for a given situation and actively engage in conversations to understand others' priorities.
Integrity - Ability to develop and ensure high standard of quality control and confidentiality that promotes accuracy and accountability and minimizes operational risk.
Leadership - Strong management and mentorship skills geared toward leveling up a team while achieving excellent output through example, training, and shared experience.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of accounting and finance areas
- Proficiency in forecasting and financial modeling
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced MS Excel and data management skills; Oracle/Netsuite proficiency a plus, but not required
- Superior analytical skills combined with solid business judgment
- Proven track record of building and leading high performance teams
- Must be a problem solver with a strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively communicate technical information
- CPA certification preferred
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and financial management experience with at least 5 years in a small company environment
Compensation: This is a salaried, full-time position and candidates must be able to be present in our San Francisco Headquarters. Remote candidates will not be considered.
Please follow application instructions carefully and make sure to submit a cover letter along with your resume.
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) company match (up to 4%)
- Generous stipend toward premiums for medical, dental, and vision
- Learning and development stipends
- Monthly wellness subsidies
- Equity incentives
- Flexible PTO policy
- Time off for volunteering
- Fully stocked kitchen with cold brew coffee, fresh fruit, and more
- Fun social events and outings
- Emphasis on internal promotions
- Regular performance reviews