Senior Marketing Manager
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
UNLEASH leads the debate on the Future of Work, inspiring audiences with solutions to the challenges fueled by tech, societal, and political polarization. We play host to influencers from across the world including Sir Richard Branson, Arianna Huffington, Sir Ken Robinson, Esther Perel, Simon Sinek, Baroness Susan Greenfield, Sir Bob Geldof, Martha Lane Fox, Stephen Fry, Rachel Botsman, Edward Snowden, and many more.
In Q4 2020, UNLEASH completed a successful pivot from exhibitions to digital information and marketing services with the launch of www.unleashgroup.io. In 2021, our digital product serves to inspire and enable in-house HR and HR Technology professionals across the globe while also providing a route to market for HR Technology vendors seeking to engage this community through our advertising and marketing services. Beyond this year, our long-term ambition is to research and develop high-value digital subscriptions and online learning products that will align with our re-entry into what we are famous for – large scale events – as soon as it is safe to do so.
The successful candidate will establish a customer-led marketing strategy to deliver against the company’s strategic vision and commercial goals while also assuming a “player-manager” approach on the execution of the plan.
The Senior Marketing Manager will, develop and equip the marketing team through the application of high-value marketing expertise, knowledge, and best practice. Focused on audience growth, engagement and loyalty, this role will work closely with the content and product teams to maximise the reach and consumption of our editorial service while also supporting the commercial team to raise awareness of our marketing services and generate qualified leads for the sales team to convert.
- Develop the marketing strategy and for Client Campaign Fulfilment, Audience Growth, and Vendor Lead Generation – using a combination of organic and paid channels.
- Recommend budgets to support the execution of the marketing strategy and deliver maximum value from agreed investments to optimise operating profits.
- Play a key role in the execution of the strategy – be a “player manager”.
- Build a best-in-class conversion funnel for customers and clients.
- Develop a lead generation pipeline – delivering MQLs against monthly targets.
- Ensure client campaign performance is met or exceeded, on time and on budget.
- Identify content amplification opportunities that maximise traffic, engagement, and loyalty.
- Conduct regular needs-based research to inform content and product development – including market sizing and competitor analysis for the HR and HR Technology community, as well as NPS.
- Manage and develop a high-performing and efficient marketing team.
- Provide weekly reporting on marketing performance against targets, tracking KPIs, and highlighting risks and opportunities for audience growth and lead generation.
- Audience/customer focussed, strategic thinker with at least 5 years’ experience marketing within the B2B sector.
- Hands-on marketer with a drive for data and actionable metrics.
- Expertise across all tactical marketing elements with a deep understanding of how results are delivered across multiple channels, particularly with email campaigns and PPC.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills with an ability to manage multiple stakeholders internally and externally – and collaborate across the business.
- Experienced people manager, having built career development plans with SMART objectives.
- The ability to think creatively about problems and provide innovative solutions with a clear understanding of best practice and what “good” looks like.
- Experienced creating best-in-class conversion funnels and lead generation pipelines.
- Experience in early-stage businesses/products and growth businesses.
- Experience driving subscriptions, marketing services and large-scale events.
- CIM or other similarly well-renowned marketing qualifications preferable.
- Knowledge of the HR or HR Technology industry