- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
The MPowerment Coordinator is responsible for working with and providing support to the Core Group of 10-15 volunteers to develop and implement the Education and Work Mpowerment Project. The Coordinator partners with community based organizations (CBO) to provide training and skills development sessions for people living with HIV (PLWH) in the metro Detroit area.
Salary: $40,000- $45,000
Facilitate the empowerment of PLWH project participants to further their education and careers through:
- Planning and conducting in-person and virtual outreach to recruit volunteers and participants.
- Distributing promotional materials about upcoming Project events.
- Working with initial volunteers to develop a Core Group and establish ground rules for how the Core Group will operate.
- Working with Core Group to design and hold M-Groups (volunteer workshop groups focused on skills building topics)
- Prepare and hold various types of social events. These include: recurring, smaller activities held at Project space, larger events that occur periodically and special one-time events.
- Develop attractive, appealing materials including social media, to advertise events and recruit participation.
- Must be living with HIV and willing to discuss HIV in large groups.
- Should have knowledge of HV and related services and how HIV stigma impacts the lives of people living with HIV in the community.
- Desire to work in a fun and inclusive environment.
- Strong facilitation and training experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Should be confident and proactive - able to recruit, motivate and support volunteers
- Must show good judgment and maintain participant’s confidentiality
- Should have knowledge of education and work programs for adults.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.