Non-Medical Case Manager
- 3968 Mount Elliott St., Detroit, MI, United States
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
- Meet with each assigned client to determine client needs based on individual’s situation.
- Work with client to determine what assistance is needed to help client remain in HIV care.
- Help client decide which of the tasks that need to be completed by the client, and which by the case manager.
- Refer client to providers who can help client to achieve his/her goals.
- Maintain contact with providers to ensure client has completed referral process.
- Contact service providers when client has difficulty in accessing services from that provider.
- Follow-up with client to make sure that service has been provided.
- Coordinate care of assigned clients with that of other service providers who provide care to the client, such as substance abuse treatment centers and mental health professionals.
- Communicate with each client on a regular basis to determine which needs have been met and to identify any new needs.
- Provide advocacy for clients as needed.
- Conduct outreach and case finding activities as needed to keep clients connected to care.
- Collect and submit data reports at designated intervals for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Input and maintain client level data in designated data system.
- Participate in weekly multi-disciplinary case conference meetings.
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please provide a cover letter when submitting your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.