- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
Title: Health Coach
Details: Contract/Temporary (20 hours per week)
- Provide effective solutions and suggestions on health and fitness issues
- Work closely with the health and wellness team in meeting the organization's health management goals
- Provide face to face client support and education
- Counsel and advise clients or healthy people to improve the overall health condition
- Understand the prevailing health conditions and diagnose the required problems
- Identify the need for behavioral change to improve health status, reduce health risks and improve quality of life
- Offer possible solutions and sometimes medication to address health issues
- Examine and record the vital signs like body temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, weight, height, etc., accurately
- Involve in motivational interviewing and engagement strategies
- Apply knowledge of medicine, diet, nutrition or relevant methods to suggest solutions
- Suggest exercises, diet charts, meditation or mental stress reducing techniques to clients
- Deal with the client with a positive and empathetic attitude to make them feel comfortable
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, dietary, public health, dietary field or equivalent experience with individuals living with HIV.
- Certification in Health Coaching
- Must be able to function independently, be self-motivated, be able to work well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic groups, and highly organized.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of community resources helpful.
- Basic computer literacy required, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.