Director of Development
- 3968 Mt Elliott St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the only comprehensive AIDS service organization in its Michigan ten-county area, UNIFIED's mission is to provide HIV related services to the community through compassionate direct care, prevention and outreach activities. We invite you to explore UNIFIED and learn about HIV testing, the depth of services UNIFIED provides and how you can get involved.
Rooted in the history of our fight against HIV, UNIFIED - HIV Health and Beyond advances prevention, access to health care, community research and advocacy
A nationally recognized multi-service center creating positive change through regional impact, innovation and sustainability to promote HV health and beyond.
Using innovative approaches to help residents of Southeast Michigan living with or affected by HIV achieve optimal health through compassionate direct care, support services, prevention and education.
A commitment to being an effective and powerful voice, providing leadership and advocacy for the communities we serve.
UNIFIED – HIV Health and Beyond (UNIFIED) seeks a Director of Development to build and lead the organization’s fundraising and external relations efforts. This role requires a strong leader who understands and is passionate about the mission and vision of UNIFIED.
Responsibilities of the position include planning, implementing and overseeing all strategic and operational plans for fundraising and representing the organization to external constituents, including civic, business, customers, donors, and foundations. The Director of Development will work closely with the President as well as members of the Fundraising, Development and Marketing Committee of the Board of Directors and will serve as a member of the organization’s senior leadership team.
- Must have the ability to engage a wide variety of people and translate those connections into deeper relationships with the organization.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in fundraising with at least five years in a senior leadership role overseeing operational and performance outcomes.
- Work with the President in the development of proposals/grants for support and special projects.
- Experience creating budgets and forecasting revenue.
- Experience in the use of social media and social networking and technology to communicate with donors, generate revenue, educate the public and broadcast mission.
- Proficiency with fundraising applications to perform comprehensive donor data analysis, reporting and application to strategic operations and decision making.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, strategic thinker.
- Detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creativity and critical thinking ability
- Data base and spreadsheet proficiency
- Experience measuring data and outcomes of events to determine marketing effectiveness
- Proficient in managing grant applications from concept to submission
Please submit a writing sample, cover letter, resume and salary requirements by April 6, 2021.